We all know that typing does take more time than writing for some content. With Office Windows 8 software you will get the accessible features that are readily available and designed to make your computer listen and type to what you are saying. With the advanced feature of speech recognition, you can easily control the Office apps with your voice commands. Establishing Office 2013 will assist you to work with speech recognition with a two-stage process.
In this two-stage process, the first stage is if your computer doesn’t have an inbuilt microphone then you have to establish one. Once the microphone is connected, you just have to activate the speech recognition and make it recognize your voice, speech, and commands. Remember, if you have something specific to ask related to Office subscription then visit Office.com/Setup.
How to set up your Microphone?
- First of all, you need to connect a microphone to your computer if you do not have one.
- Just plug in the microphone in the auto input slot on your computer.
- Now, you can even consult your computer’s documentation for more process if need.
- Enter “Windows- Q” on your keyboard to start the search prompt.
- Now, just enter and search for "Set up a microphone" option in the field and then tap on the "Enter" button to process the command.
- Once you have opened the "Set up a microphone" tab. You have to follow the on-screen prompts to configure the microphone in use.
- Remember, the microphone configuration is very much essential so that the Office can hear you properly while writing for your speech.
How to start using Speech recognition?
- First of all, you need to enter "Windows-Q" and enter the "Speech recognition" tab in the search bar and then tap on the "Speech recognition" to open the screen.
- Tap on the "Train your computer to better understand you" option and follow the on-screen prompts and speak clearly in normal volume.
- Now, start the "Speech recognition" screen and say "Start listening" in the microphone attached to the device.
- Remember, issuing the verbal command with the "Speech recognition" command starts the voice-activated controls on the computer.
- Now, start the Office app and then say “What can I say?” in Microsoft to see the list of commands.
- You can tap on the mouse I the body of the document and dictate the text.
- Remember, you can also edit the current text using the verbal commands such as "Correct", "Delete" and "Select".
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that in this article you will get a view of how you can use the speech to text option and complete your MS Office assignments within no time. However, if you have issues and queries related to the topic then we recommend you visit office.com/setup, where you will get all the relatable contents for the same discussion.