DANANG TRAVEL GUIIDE
Surrounded by amazing beaches and mountains, Danang is a top-rated place to visit in Vietnam. If you are looking for an authentic experience with unique local flavors and culture, then you should continue reading this Danang travel guide.
1 - Danang brief history & culture
If you love history, you should definitely add this city to your bucket list. Danang’s history dates back as early as 4000 BC, when the area was inhabited by tribal people called the Cham. Later, towards the end of the 18th century, the French decided to build a colony in the area. The city was officially settled in 1901, and ever since, the area has seen a boom in tourism. Today more than 2 million people visit Danang every year, so whether you are a history buff or not, this is a city that is sure to offer you a rich and culturally diverse experience. The best part is that a visit to Danang is extremely affordable, so you can even consider including it in your budget travel bucket list.
The culture of Danang has been heavily influenced by its neighbors, including China, Laos, Southeast Asia countries, and the ancient culture of Champa, or French culture. You can expect to find many temples, shrines, and pagodas throughout the city. Some of the most popular temples include the Temples of the Cham people at My Son sanctuary relic, famous 3 pagodas of Linh Ung.
2 - The Food in Danang
Settled in the middle of the country, possessing a long coastline & diverse cultures, Danang has been a long-standing hub of cuisine with a rich culinary and countless famous dishes. With a long coast, Danang is probably a paradise of seafood with countless dishes made of seafood including seafood noodle, seafood salad, grilled seafood,...
Top must-try dishes recommended on this Danang travel guide are: Cao Lau, Quang noodle, pork wrapped by rice paper & served with special fermented sauce, Banh Xeo, Nem Lui (pancake & grilled pork skewers), snails dishes, Nam O fish salad, grilled lobster, clam, squid,..., and many other types of cakes such as Nam cake, Beo cake, Bot loc cake,...
3 - Activities in Danang
- Visit the Cham Museum: This is the best way to learn about the Cham people, who used to inhabit the area before the French arrived and made it their home.
- Check out the beaches: Danang is located along the coast of the South China Sea, so you’ll find sandy beaches all around the city. In which, My Khe beach, Non Nuoc beach, Bac My An beach,... are the top most charming beaches.
- Explore Son Tra peninsula: The green & fresh atmosphere and the pristine nature, making this big and unspoiled island is the top-rated place to visit and spend your vacation on.
- Go on a tour to visit My Son sanctuary: This is one of the most famous cultural sites of Vietnam which boasts the imprint of the glory culture of Champa.
- Enjoy the fun games & activities at Danang Sunworld: a great spot for families and couples to have a fun time.
- Take a cable car to Bana hills: Bana hills, and Golden hand bridge are among top most impressive architectural works.
4 - Where to stay in Danang?
If you want to experience the best that Danang has to offer, you should stay at the beach. However, if you don’t want to spend all your money on accommodation, you can stay in downtown Danang and explore the city from there.
The best area to stay in downtown Danang is the My Khe Beach area, where you can choose from a wide range of hotels, guesthouses, and budget hostels. Son Tra peninsula is an ideal place to find luxury resorts.
>>> Click here for more details: https://vietnamtrips.com/da-nang